HOW TO INSTALL DNL READER ON MAC
1. Download the DNL reader from here: http://www.dnlreader.com/reader.
If you are having trouble downloading from the link above, please try here: http://www.dnlreader.com/reader/ReaderInstaller.dmg
2. Double click the ReaderInstaller.dmg file to create a ReaderInstaller drive.
3. Double click the ReaderInstaller to open it.
4. If it asks to install Wine and you have not installed it before click on Install Wine. If your Mac is missing some other components, it will try and download them from the internet to install.
5. After installation is complete, click Finish. If terminal or xterm screen has opened you can close it.
6. To view any DNL ebook, download it to your MAC. Then double click it to view.
* please note that only Intel Macs with OSX 10.4 or later are supported. If you have an older PowerPC Mac, you can use the Windows version in a Windows emulator like Parallels or VirtualPC to use this ebook reader.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (MAC)
When I try and download a DNL file, I get garbage text instead of a download.
This is an issue with your web browser not recognising the download type. To force it to download properly, hold down the option key and click on the download link.
The ebook I am viewing contains multimedia, the reader wants to install additional parts.
To view multimedia ebooks on a MAC extra components need to be downloaded and installed. Please allow them to download and install or you will not be able to view the multimedia parts.After each component has installed, click Close on the message box to continue.
To view flash content, you must install Flash.
To view video or listen to MP3 content, you must install Windows Media Player.
I get an UNABLE TO FIND WINE error during installation.
1. In Finder, click on Go > Applications
2. Move the Darwine folder to the trash.
3. Restart the Mac
4. Download and install the DNL reader again from here: http://dnlreader.com/reader and let it re-install WINE.
If you still have the same problem.
1. Open Terminal from Applications or Applications/Utilities
2. At the ~<username>$ prompt, type in:
rm -fr .wine
3. Then press Enter.
Now try installing the DNL reader again. Does this work? Don't forget you can close the X application after you are done.
How manually install the DNL reader for MAC.
1. Install Mac apps
Download and install these MAC applications.
1. Download Darwine from here:
2. Double click to unzip this file, it will create a Darwine folder.
3. Double click Macintosh HD and goto Applications folder.
4. Drag and drop the Darwine folder into Applications.
3. Run the DNL reader installer again (from readerinstaller.dmg).
X11 (only needed for OSX 10.4, OSX 10.5 already has this installed)
2. Install fonts
1. Download the fonts from here:
2. Goto Finder > Home Then inside the home folder .winetrickscache
3. Unzip the file and copy them to the . winetrickscache folder.
4. restart the ReaderInstall.app in readerinstaller.dmg
3. Install DNL Reader application
Download and install